CHECKOUT WHAT GOD WANT FOR U

The biggest challenge each of us faces is to live within God's will. If we could just do that, then it will go well with us. We need wisdom. We are faced with many, many choices every day and on our own we don't make it. That is why we need the Holy Spirit to shower us with wisdom. Yes, as Paul would say: 10... As you learn more and more how God works, you will learn how to do your work.
Searching for God's will is nothing new. Paging through the Psalms, you see the great David calling out to God time after time, begging God to help him because he didn't know what to do: Psalm 27:11 Point me down your highway, God; direct me along a well-lighted street; show my enemies whose side you're on.
My wife was trying to explain to my son how to make the right choices. She told him that if we follow Jesus, all goes well and we'll know exactly what to do in every situation - in other words, we will know what God's will is. But as soon as we choose not to follow Jesus, we're on our own and soon make the wrong choices.
But what does this mean in practice, when we have to walk in God's will every day? In the following few verses David finds wisdom and makes a few good suggestions to help us find God's will for our lives: I'm sure now I'll see God's goodness in the exuberant earth. Stay with God! Take heart. Don't quit. I'll say it again: Stay with God.
Believe, hope, trust, be courageous, keep on being strong, try again, get up, hold on and go and sit at God's feet. All of these should be our motto, because if we can do that, we'll certainly remain within the will of God.
If we can do that, the net effect will be as follows:
10We pray that you'll live well for the Master, making him proud of you as you work hard in his orchard. As you learn more and more how God works, you will learn how to do your work.
How I long for this! How I long to see a smile on God's face when He looks at my actions.
Once again I realize that I should work harder at being still. Like David, I beg God to take my hand with his Holy Spirit and to show me the way. That is what happens in the stillness - there at his feet God shapes me and there I receive wisdom to make choices every day. That is where my faith grows strong, where I can hope again, where I get courage, where I can get up out of the ashes, and where I no longer want to give up.
Scripture
Colossians 1:9-11
Reflection
What is God's will for your life?
Are you sure?
Do you make enough time for God?
Prayer
Father, I want to do your will with my whole heart. I want to hope, believe, trust and live within your will. I realize I must make more time to sit at your feet. Please help me, Lord, because I can't do it. Amen

Comments